Michael Dennis Graham
(917) 453-4341 direct
Michael Dennis Graham is a Consultant with Grahall, LLC. He is a consultant to boards of directors and members of company management. He specializes in all aspects of people strategy including board governance, organization design and effectiveness, reward strategy, executive compensation, executive employment arrangements, benefits, performance management, career pathing programs and development rewards.
He has over 45 years of experience in the human resources and compensation and benefits field and 35 years in the consulting profession). He advises organizations in all industries and specializes in the Financial and Professional Services Industries. He is considered one of the top human resources consultants in the country and has worked extensively overseas.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked as a Consultant, Managing Director and Practice Director with five major Human Resources Consulting Firms (Pearl Meyer & Partners, Andersen Worldwide, Hay Group, Towers Perrin and Watson Wyatt) and has led engagement teams in over 300 different organizations in the past 30 years. In industry, he was Worldwide Director of Compensation & Benefits for both Albany International Corporation and Bausch & Lomb for 10 years and a member of the merger & acquisition team at Albany International with a focus on human resources and reward issues due diligence and merger acquisition.
He has authored the following books published by AMACOM and Grahall Omnimedia Publishing:
- Creating a Total Reward Strategy – A Toolkit for Designing Business-Based Plans
- Effective Executive Compensation – Creating a Total Rewards Strategy for Executives
- Board of Directors Governance – Building Boards that are Adaptive, Flexible, Situational and Aligned with Business Strategy
- Board of Directors Governance and Reward Strategy
- Hedge Fund People Strategy – Human Capital that Supports Investment Excellence, Sustainability and Growth
- CEO Compensation and Contracts – A Principled Approach
- People Strategy – The Revolution
- Sales Force Total Rewards Strategy – The Time Has Come
- Expert Witness Testimony – In Compensation Related Litigation
- Executive Benefits and Perquisites – Rethinking Executive Benefits and Perquisites to Ensure Organizational Success
- Employee Total Reward Strategy
- Organization Design – Publishing date 2020
- Position Analysis – Publishing date 2020
He is the author of the Grahall Research Reports on the following subjects:
- Executive Compensation
- Board of Directors Governance and Compensation Study
- Hedge Fund Human Capital and Compensation Study
- Private Equity Compensation Study
- Financial Services Human Capital and Compensation Study
- Consulting Industry Human Capital and Compensation Study
- Research Consulting Industry Human Capital and Compensation Study
He received a Master of Business Administration degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) and a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) where he was selected to both the Student Court, the Honor Society and Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities. He has served on the editorial board of the Compensation and Benefits Review.