Michael Dennis Graham
(917) 453-4341 direct
Michael Dennis Graham is a Consultant with Grahall, LLC. He is a consultant to boards of directors, their compensation committees, and members of company management. He specializes in all aspects of people strategy including board governance, organization effectiveness, reward strategy, executive compensation, including stock-based compensation, short-term and long-term cash incentive/retention compensation, executive employment arrangements, benefits, performance management and development rewards.
He has over 40 years of experience in the compensation and benefits field (30 years in the consulting profession). He advises organizations in all industries and specializes in the Financial and Professional Services Industries. He is considered one of the top total rewards consultants in the country and has worked extensively overseas.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked as a Consultant, Managing Director and Practice Director with five major Human Resources Consulting Firms (Pearl Meyer & Partners, Andersen Worldwide, Hay Group, Towers Perrin and Watson Wyatt) and has led engagement teams in over 300 different organizations in the past 30 years. In industry, he was Worldwide Director of Compensation & Benefits for both Albany International Corporation and Bausch & Lomb for 10 years.
He has authored six books – Creating a Total Reward Strategy and Effective Executive Compensation published by AMACOM. In addition he has authored the following books published by Grahall Omnimedia:
• Board of Directors Governance and Reward Strategy,
• Hedge Fund People Strategy,
• CEO Compensation and Contracts – A Principled Approach, and
• People Strategy – The Revolution.
He is the author of the Grahall Research Reports on the following subjects:
• Executive Compensation
• Board of Directors Governance and Compensation Study
• Hedge Fund Human Capital and Compensation Study
• Private Equity Compensation Study
• Financial Services Human Capital and Compensation Study
• Consulting Industry Human Capital and Compensation Study
• Research Consulting Industry Human Capital and Compensation Study
He received a Master of Business Administration degree from RPI and a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from WPI where he was selected to both the Skull Honor Society and Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities. He currently serves on the editorial board of the Compensation and Benefits Review.